Monday, May 27, 2013

O'Boyle's First Blog (sort of)

Through a numerous traversing of introductory blog education, I've settled here, in Google's own blogging platform that I was, until just 5 minutes ago, unaware of. I'm going to use this space to actually establish a more public approach to my work.

Before this, I had actually spent some time on Tumblr, in some hopeless pursuit of a story that a girl wrote on the website. After she was thoroughly displeased with my discovery of her post, I continued to write postings on the website, but secretly. The secret postings stopped when college rolled around, until I was greeted with a class project that encouraged me to become more familiar with the internet's blog-scape.

I found that I really enjoyed stories people wrote about in their blogs, but I didn't so much care for Tumblr's much more common re-postings of pictures and videos and such on, so I cleaned up my feed to the point where I found it much more simple.

The day that really stuck out for me was the day I was notified of three other bloggers following me. It was fun, but then I ran into some primary/secondary blog and account name/aesthetic issues, so I decided to abandon the cause altogether.

Which has led me here, to another, (more respectable?) blogging space. I'm a college student studying civil engineering, so writing isn't something that will be my bread and butter, but I do love it, and I do hope to develop some kind of presence here.

Cheers to good times yet to come,
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment